The new Tax for Sustainable Tourism in the Balearic
On 1st July 2016 a new “tourism tax” came into effect in the Balearic Islands under the terms of a Bill approved in March 2016.This charge applies to all overnight stays in tourist accommodations on Majorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera visitors and is due to pay based on accommodation type, dates, duration and age.
• Main Season: from 01st.May until 31st.October - 1,10 EUR / per day per person older than 16 years of age
• Off Season: from 01st.November until 30th April - 0,55 EUR /per day per person older than the age of 16
• children under the age of 16 on the day of arrival are exempt from this tax
• a 50% reduction of the tax applies, when staying longer than 9 days
• The above mentioned prices include the value added tax of 10%
Unless the description of our villas explicitly lists the tourism tax under „services included in the price“, the tax must be paid locally on arrival.
More information about the tax and ist purpose, can be found on the following government site: http://www.illessostenibles.travel/sites/impostturisme/en/whats_that_tax_about/